Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Starting slowly.

So why this blog? It seems that everywhere else I sign up to on the net has their own blog (well okay, stumble upon and myspace are the only ones I can think of at the moment). You can't blog everywhere! (Well, I guess you can if you're so inclined). My son Isaac had his own blog but he's just not keeping it up! (Uh, the funny here is that Isaac is 19 months old and I was writing it from his perspective. Look, I never said very funny, did I?!?) . I have a photography blog - but what's the point when I've got Flickr? So While looking at some fantastic sites I'd like to share, I thought that's it, I'm ready - one blog to rule them all. (Or something along those lines).

So in case you want to know (and I'll only say this once):

I'm a 28 year old woman living in Kent in the UK. I'm happily married to Justin, we have a gorgeous boy called Isaac, we live in a tiny poky little house in a tiny poky little street. We have an evil cat called Mew. Nearby we have my Mum, sister Cath, her sons Joe (13) and Nathaniel (1 1/2) and Mum's dog Ollie. We also have Justin's Mum Pamela, who despite being a mother - in - law I actually get on well with (and she adores her grandson, which is nice).

I'm a stay at home mum, and I've taken this a little to heart and find it very hard to leave the house by myself. Weekends, when Justin is home, is easy, but for some weird reason I just can't do it in the week. I've just got back into photography after 8 years or so away from it, and about 3 weeks ago I bought a new digital SLR which is really, really sexy. I just need more lenses and converters and so on...

Justin and I are going through a real 'Japanese' phase. Our favourite director is Hayao Miyazaki - we love everyone og his films we see. Last night we saw our film Ghibli-but-not-Miyazaki film (Only Yesterday) and we loved it, so now I know it's not just him we like. We both like Haruki Murikami - he's Justin's favourite author and I'm just getting into him (though usually I'm a fantasy books kinda gal). My favourite food is sushi, which I'd never had until last summer's 'Will Adams Festival' in Gillingham (where I also saw Joji Hirota and the Taiko Drummers, who I loved). I just can't get enough sushi - and I can't get over the fact it's fairly healthy too. I'm overweight, have F cup boobs & therefore a bad back, have high blood pressure, and have just gone for a cholesterol test...sigh. Losing weight would be a good thing to do. Oh and I'm also on a few of those websites where you can 'meet' Japanese people to chat to and have already made a few friends (Hi Takeshi & Michiru!). I would LOVE to learn Japanese though I've heard it's really difficult...

Apart from Japan / Japanese what else? Books. Lots & lots of books. Fashion, kind of (Trinny & Susannah have helped me dress like an adult and get rid of a ll my silly old goth clothes. They did me well for a time but now I'm too old, too fat, and they're impractical with a baby. Now I dress stylishly!). I love shoes and scarves and jewellery and make up - I never have much money for these frivolities but I am also an Avon lady so I can get that cheap (and lots of it is really good stuff!). I love films & TV, and on a related note love Bittorrent. Only the stuff it's legal to Bittorrent of course! (Ahem). I'm into gardening (though less since having Isaac than I used to be) and also into doing up our house and buying nice things for it. I enjoy Ebay, though often spend too much time & money on there. I love animals - foxes are my favourite, but I love dogs a lot and really I do like most animals. I enjoy cutesy silly photos of animals too. I'm a bit off music - everything new sounds like it's been done before - and I used to like it then - but I do still love Nick Cave (who NEVER sounds like anyone else!) and the Polyphonic Spree (who come to think of it are also quite original). I have a soft spot for Pink too, and Scott Walker is my all time favourite.

So - that's me, that's what I like. They'll be more, of course - I can't sum up my life in a few paragraphs - but it's certainly a good starting place. And starting soon I will start adding what I like...

BM Counter
/body>